Who Is Eligible For ICS Help?
The financial aid provided by Issaquah Community Services (ICS) is available to eligible individuals and families residing within the Issaquah School District service area, and it is specifically intended as emergency financial assistance for rent or utilities.
The Issaquah School District spans all Issaquah addresses, much of Sammamish and portions of Newcastle, Bellevue, Renton and Maple Valley. It includes all of zip codes: 98027, 98029, 98050, and 98075, as well as portions of 98006 and 98059.
It is important to note that ICS is funded by donations and grants from our local community. The amount of support we receive limits how often and how much we can help each client.
2. Send us the required documentation. This can be sent via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or dropped into our office.
3. If you meet the basic qualifications for assistance, please ensure you are available for a phone interview with one of our volunteers, so that we can discuss your situation.
- One piece of valid picture ID such as your driver’s license.
- Income verification for all adults (18 or over) in the household from the last 30-60 days. This could be pay stubs, unemployment and/or pension payment records, child support benefits or SSI statement.
- For rent assistance, provide the first page of your current lease showing the names of all adult tenants, the address, name, and address of the landlord and monthly rent amount. Return clients do not need to resubmit their lease if it is unchanged since the previous application.
- For utility assistance, provide a copy of your current past due power or water bill, and shut off or disconnect notice, if you have one. If you are requesting help with your PSE bill, please call PSE and give them permission to talk to Issaquah Community Services representatives about your account.
Verification: Information provided by the applicant will be verified. Inaccuracies in your application will cause delays in processing.
As we are experiencing high demand, there might be a delay in our response time. We sincerely appreciate your patience, and we assure you that we will respond as swiftly as we can. If it has been two weeks or more since you applied and you have not received a response, please do not reapply. Instead, contact us via email at email@example.com to inquire about the status of your request.
How Are Funds Paid
Each application will be carefully evaluated by ICS, and funds will be sent directly to your landlord or utility company. The amount you will receive will be based on the severity of your need.
Voice Mail Messages
When leaving a voice message, please ensure to clearly state your name, spell it out, and leave your phone number. Kindly repeat the phone number to avoid any errors in communication. We will make every effort to call you back as soon as possible.
Can I Get Answers by Phone or E-mail?
Yes, you can call us at 425-837-3125. We are in the office from 9 to 11 AM, Monday through Friday. If you leave a message on our voicemail, we will get back with you as soon as we can. You may also email your questions to us at firstname.lastname@example.org